Tuesday, February 16, 2010

family tree.

(i desperately want this picture for my birthday!)

At the beginning of the year Marcel and I started going to a Family History class during the sunday school hour. Going to this class has really inspired me to make geneology more of a priority. Being a convert to the church I know I have A LOT of work to do. I thought about my grandma (who passed away 3 years ago) and my grandpa (who passed away 19 years ago), but I figured my aunt and uncle (who are also converts) had already done the Temple work that they needed. As I began doing some research on the new family search website I realized they hadn't! At first I thought it was a mistake until my cousin confirmed that the work hadn't been done for them yet! WHAT?! how could they have let so much time go by?! At that moment something took over me and I just felt like we could not waste another minute! They have been waiting! As I talked it over with my uncle and cousin I realized there was more to it. Without getting in to too much detail, It just became something it shouldn't. We are here on the earth to do work for those who no longer can do it for themselves. I get the feeling my aunt hasn't done the work for them for her own personal selfish reasons. It really shouldn't matter who does it for them it just needs to be done! In this process I think my family has begun to realize the importance of doing it now and not putting it off any longer so whether or not I am the one to physically do it for them or not, I feel in my heart I have fulfilled a divine purpose by motivating my family to get it done. Last night Marcel and I had a long talk about this whole situation and he made me realize things about myself that brought me to tears. In my patriarchal blessing a large portion of it speaks about the things I will for in regards to linking generations . I feel such peace within me right now. This is probably one of the first times in my life that I feel so perfectly in harmony with God's plan and my purpose in this life. I am so grateful... I have a lot of work to do! :)

1 comment:

Curtiss & Ginger said...

Wow, good for you Kristina!! Such a motivating post, I love it. You are such a good example! Thanks!