Tuesday, January 26, 2010

the good life...


I have been so overwhelmed with gratitude for the wonderful life I have been blessed with. In no way is it perfect.. we have our share of challenges but overall I feel so lucky to have a husband with a heart of gold who is incredibly hard working, funny, who compliments me CONSTANTLY and has unshakeable character. I am proud of the man he is. Marcel has had such a hard time finding a job since we have been home. He has been doing odd jobs here and there and with my little income we have miraculously been getting by.... and we have been happy! I usually stress beyond measure in moments like these but maybe since we have been here before I am quite proud of myself for handling it all so well. I feel like I am finally getting a grip on what this life is about and i feel greater peace. The things around me don't determine my happiness like they used to. I know we all go through our spiritual up and downs and lately we are on the up and up. I know that is why things have been so smooth considering our challenging situation. I feel so blessed with my new calling as Young Womens Advisor. At first I was so nervous and felt so inadequate, but now I am feeling excited to be a part of these girls lives and have a part in their development spiritually! I feel like the Lord knew exactly what I needed. I always felt like I missed out since I joined the church at 19 and didn't get to take part in Young Womens and I worried that I wouldn't know what I needed to to help raise a daughter if we ever have one! I'm so grateful I have this opportunity. Marcel is in school right now and has really been applying himself to his work and spends hours job searching. He was offered a job to work at the door of a bar in Sundance, but he turned it down because he felt like that wasn't the environment he should be in. I was very proud of him for making that sacrifice knowing how desperate he is to find a job we know its better to pass on that because Heavenly Father will provide another way.
On to Cohen... He is still being his funny self. We were at the mall a couple days ago and I let him walk with me instead of in the stroller. He stays with me very well. He holds my hand most of the time. When I let him stray by himself he stays near me. While we were walking we passed a store with music and he busted out his dance moves right in the middle of a crowd of people. As the people walked passed they just laughed. My favorite thing is when Marcel comes home Cohen runs up to him with open arms and a giant smile saying "DADA!!"to welcome him home. When I put his shoes on him he immediately walks to the door while waving and saying "bye bye" to me :) The other day he came in his room grabbed his shopping cart and started to walk away while waving and saying bye bye to me. it was so cute! I love when we put a movie on for him he runs and gets comfy on the couch. Sometimes he just plops right on the carpet so eager. Last night I was in bed sick and Marcel was working on homework on the computer and we heard Cohen in the living room so Marcel went to see what he was up to (thinking he may be up to something naughty) so he came around the corner and firmly said "Cohen!" then he found Cohen being so cute just quietly watching Horton Hears a Who... Marcel came back in and gushed over how cute his son is... Marcel is so incredibly loving. He absolutely adores his son. He desires more than anything to be a good husband and father. I am so lucky and so blessed... and thats why this is title the good life... because thats what i have :)


1 comment:

Jena said...

You three are the cutest family, and how uplifting this blog is! You are one positive person, i'm going to take a Q from that and starting being more positive. Cohen is freakin adorable and I LOVE his long hair! Tell Marcel HI!