Thursday, May 28, 2009

this life...

This week has just been one of those weeks... one thing after another. It all started with an amazing Sunday though. Heavenly Father must've foreseen the events ahead so he gave me a spiritual boost to get me going. I needed it. Having Cohen is such a blessing but I have unintentionally become distant from Heavenly Father lately due to the fact that my little man keeps me so preoccupied!!! So sunday I put extra thought and effort into really feeling the Spirit... and I did. There wasn't really anything specific that was said I just felt it and by the end of sacrament I was balling. It was kind of embarrassing. It was the kind of cry that just wouldn't stop! I desperately needed that though. It is way to easy to be distracted in this life. I feel everyday is a battle to keep my focus on what I am really here for... that is the building of God's Kingdom here on the earth... there's so many things that I have on my "to do" list that really don't have any eternal value but I place them so high on my list of priorities. Before I know it my whole day is gone and I feel it is wasted because it is so filled with temporal things. I know the time spent changing, feeding, bathing, playing with Cohen are part of being a mother and being a mother is definitely an eternal calling but I just don't feel close to the Lord doing all those things. I guess I'm having a hard time finding the balance. Come to think of it the talks on Sunday were all about balance and how we can't balance our temporal life and spiritual life but that they need to be integrated...interesting. Maybe I'm getting to something here. I'm thinking I need to spend more time teaching Cohen gospel related things. Any mommy's out there have suggestions? Or ever feel this way?

4 comments:

Suzanna H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzanna H. said...

Kristina! All I can say is AMEN. It IS hard to balance it all. It is hard to find the time (time with energy) to seek the Lord everyday. What is important is that we TRY.
Let me know what you find that works for you!

Audra said...

I always felt bad that other babies folded their arms or could say Jesus' name and Kate didn't yet. So I framed a few pictures of Jesus and taught her His name and we say night time prayers and I try to remember meal prayers. Sometimes she reminds me to say them. It sounds like you are doing well. Cohen is lucky to have you two!

Orange Juice said...

You are so wonderful. I have been meaning to comment for about a decade now!! I miss you!! We need to hang out more, like the good ole days. Those were so good. I am glad we get to reunite at the end of the summer. Thanks for your comment on my blog about friendship. As far as advice on balancing the two, everyday life and spiritual life, I am still not sure, but something that has helped is to definitely involve Liv. Even teaching her to clean is something that God wants her to do and learn (cleanliness is next to Godliness) We also become closer as we work together on these seemingly mundane tasks. But when she was a baby, I would read the scriptures to her occasionally and we would listen to the primary songs pretty much for an hour everyday. That helped to have something spiritual and be able to play or clean. Let me know what you find! How are things anyway?